Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Aamani Paadave Haayiga



Remembered this glorious song today.

Ilayaraja and SPB at their soothing best.

The Lyrics: Though I've always known the lyrics by heart, I never took the effort to understand these beautiful lyrics. I have always found certain Telugu songs difficult to understand. Need to brush up my Telugu. Oh! How I love the language.

Here are the lyrics and the translation.

The flute: You can't miss the flute in this song. And if you notice, the flute speaks lovely Telugu too (must have been Arulmozhi).

The Tamil Version: With due respect to Ilayaraja and Mano, can't help but remember the rather unfortunate rendering of this song in Tamil. Just didn't sound right.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Nothing gives me more joy than receiving comments. And when you leave a comment, please do leave a name.

Surgical Strike

"Just imagine", they said, "how free you are going to be." Everybody pep-talked me. "You are not sick. You are only...